Wednesday 4 March 2009

The wee ergonomics lady - friend or foe?

The other day a client made me laugh when she referred to herself as an "ergonomic failure". Apparently the "ergonomic lady" at her company had come around and had to do a lot of adjusting of her chair and general set up at her desk, so much so that my client felt completely inept in the whole area of ergonomics.

Now, in normal circumstances, I view the little ergonomic lady as a friend since she is helping people from getting into bad positions at work, "ergo" she's on the same team as far as keeping people from being in a state of pain.

However, in a recession, non-massage-therapisty thoughts enter my head. People are losing their jobs left, right and center. Out of the people that have jobs, it's the ones with bad backs that actually keep us afloat. They're our bread and butter.

So then I start to think: "What if the wee ergonomic lady could be paid off to actually create worse posture for people at their desks?", then "What if I could put a hit out on the wee ergonomic lady? I wonder how much it would cost to get the wee ergonomic lady "whacked"?"

This all goes to show that I've watched WAY too many episodes of The Sopranos.

Gaelic lesson #8 "Ceann na capall", pronounced "Kee-un na kapall", meaning "horse's head". If you "get this" then visit this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment