Saturday 11 April 2009

Platoonical thoughts.....


OK.....so I'm still playing my movie soundtrack playlist during massage.

One of the tracks on there is "Adagio for Strings" by Barber. It's one of those classical pieces of music that you'll stop doing anything and just listen to it since it's so beautiful. Anyway, having watched Platoon at least 20 times in my life, I've come to think that Oliver Stone used one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever made as a juxtaposition for the most horrible things that humanity can do (kill each other). I think.

The above photo is of Willem Dafoe's famous death scene, which mirrored a real photo from the Vietnam war.

So, I'm asking myself: Is there anything more relaxing than the thought of someone getting ripped apart by hundreds of bullets while being completely abandoned by his buddies?

Yep, I'm thinking I'll have to rip that music off my playlist too.

Gaelic lesson #30: "cogah", pronounced "coga", meaning "war"

1 comment: